April 3, 2025
Athens, GR 13 C
Expand search form
Blog

On Radio 3, Sean Rafferty bows out early

On Radio 3, Sean Rafferty bows out early

The long-serving drivetime presenter has told listeners that this will be his last week, and Friday his final show. Sean Rafferty has been moving traffic on the classical channel since 1997. He made no secret of his unhappiness with the decision to move him to other duties and has now brought forward the date of his departure by just over three months.

Radio 3 said last night: ‘We had originally intended for Sean to remain on the programme until next April, however, he has made the decision to present his final edition this coming Friday 6th December. In the meantime, we very much hope that Sean will continue to broadcast on BBC Radio 3 next year.

‘Katie Derham remains central to the programme and will present the majority of weeks from early January to the end of March. Other weeks will be hosted by Ian Skelly, Sara Mohr-Pietsch, Martin Handley and Sarah Walker.’

The post On Radio 3, Sean Rafferty bows out early appeared first on Slippedisc.

Previous Article

Puccini’s “Il Tabarro” from Florence

Next Article

Melbourne shakes out board, calls in ex-BBC boss

You might be interested in …

Swiss orchestra neuters reality

Swiss orchestra neuters reality

The Orchestra della Svizzera Italiana in Lugano has forbidden soprano Christina Daletska to wear Ukrainian national colours on its stage. The dress, she was told, violates Swiss neutrality. Report here. The post Swiss orchestra neuters […]