February 19, 2026
Athens, GR 14 C
Expand search form
Blog

Breaking: The Netrebkos have split up

Breaking: The Netrebkos have split up

The soprano Anna Netrebko and her tenor husband Yusif Eyvazov have told the Austrian Press Agency that their marriage is over.

‘After ten happy years together, we have made the difficult but friendly decision to separate,’ they said in a joint statement. ‘We remain close friends, united in our shared love for (Anna’s son) Tiago.’

Future joint engagements will not be affected, they added.

The report was published at 15.24 today, Austrian time.

More follows.

pictured: in their wedding month, 9 years ago.

The post Breaking: The Netrebkos have split up appeared first on Slippedisc.

Previous Article

Just in: BBC Radio 3 retires key presenter

Next Article

Behind the Netrebko breakup

You might be interested in …

Belgian conductor, RIP

Belgian conductor, RIP

The death is reported of Herman Engels, a much-travelled Belgian conductor. He conducted and held professorships in the Netherlands, Philippines, Costa Rica, Lithiania and Ukraine, as well as in his home country. Much of his […]

Oregon appoints swift-change UK chief

Oregon appoints swift-change UK chief

The Eugene Symphony has named Alex Prior as its music director, starting in October. Prior, 32, previously had one term as music director in Edmonton, Canada, and another in Erfurt, Germany. He said: ‘I was […]