April 3, 2025
Athens, GR 13 C
Expand search form
Blog

Melbourne takes concertmaster from Cologne

Melbourne takes concertmaster from Cologne

Message received:

The MSO is thrilled to announce that German-based Australian violinist Natalie Chee will join the MSO as our next Concertmaster, commencing January 2026.
Natalie has been Concertmaster of the Gürzenich Orchestra in Cologne since 2019 and was previously 1st Concertmaster of Stuttgart Radio Symphony Orchestra and Camerata Salzburg. Originally from Sydney, she is a regular guest Concertmaster of orchestras throughout Europe including the BBC Symphony Orchestra, which she led in the ‘Last Night of the Proms’ in 2014.
MSO Chief Conductor and Artistic Advisor Jaime Martin said: “Natalie is a fabulous musician and a fantastic colleague who has earned the admiration and respect from orchestras around the world. Ever since she first worked with the MSO I felt a very strong musical connection; now I look forward to sharing this collaboration with our audience in Melbourne, Australia and abroad.”

The post Melbourne takes concertmaster from Cologne appeared first on Slippedisc.

Previous Article

Italian music scholar, 84

Next Article

Ruth Leon recommends… Rudolf Nureyev and Miss Piggy

You might be interested in …

Donizetti maestro gets a promotion

Donizetti maestro gets a promotion

The Donizetti Opera Festival in Bergamo has upgraded Riccardo Frizza from music director to artistic director. Frizza, 53, has served the festival as music director for the past eight years. Go figure. He says: ‘It […]

Bloodbath at New York’s WQXR

Bloodbath at New York’s WQXR

The perennially failing Public Radio station has slashed 21 jobs, amounting to 7.7% of the workforce. Among those sacked, we hear, is the atation’s well-connected chief content officer Ed Yim (pic), former CEO of the […]